Saturday 13 October 2012

Cameras, Skyscrapers and Rumblin'

So last week I train'd it through London and down into deepest, darkest Kent for a location shoot, wherein I'd be filming some dreadfully tedious customer testimonial vids for a client. The day of shooting went as smoothly as could be expected, everything got done and it was all cool. I even nabbed a quick Instagram of the Shard on the way there:


I was like, "Oh yeah, this is here."
Thing is, I rocked up at like 3pm on the Monday and we didn't have anything to shoot until the following morning, so I was confronted with a long evening to kill in Tonbridge, which is as drab and pointless a town as any small overspill community you care to mention. (Nice castle, mind.) After paying £5.30 for a fucking pint of Peroni and my A-Team DVD wouldn't play on my laptop, because it turns out my work laptop doesn't play DVDs, I remembered that I'd packed my newest robo just in case I got really bored. So here's my super-HD review of Prime Rumble, shot in a hotel room using my work equipment! Holy crap!



So, having achieved such deliciously crisp HD quality glory, where now? How can the webcam I normally use possibly live up to this? I mean, it's a pretty good webcam, but it's still a fucking webcam. Fortunately, it'll only be around for one more review because (a) it's my birthday and (b) my dad fucking kicks ass. Guy got me a new friggin' camera for my 29th, 'cos he's incredible. Says on the front that it's a Canon PowerShot SX220 HS, and it's pretty friggin' great. Dunno if it'll be as good as the almost-pro quality of the vid above, but believe me when I say it's a marked improvement over the webcam's frame-dropping pixellated antics. It shoots in full HD and it's got a motherfucking super-slow-motion function.



This is it, folks. TATFR has entered the HD age for real! I've one webcam-shot review to finish off, then we'll be hi-deffin' it all the way. Hold onto your fucking socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment